It’s a book for beginning web developers looking to make interactive websites and web applications rapidly with the help of MooTools.
The book is formatted in a way that teaches you by way of practical examples that you can apply to real-world situations.
If you’ve read my tutorials here on Six Revisions, you can expect the same level of detail and clarity in each page of the "MooTools 1.2 Beginner’s Guide".
The book has 9 chapters (you can see the complete table of contents here):
- Chapter 1: MooTools and Me
- Chapter 3: Selecting DOM Elements
- Chapter 4: The Core’s Useful Utility Functions
- Chapter 5: Working with Events
- Chapter 6: Bringing Web Pages to Life with Animation
- Chapter 7: Going 2.0 with Ajax
- Chapter 8: Beefing Up MooTools: Using the MooTools More Plugins
- Chapter 9: Creating Your Own Plugin
You can learn a lot more about the book by visiting the book’s product page on Packt Publishing.
Aaron Newton, a MooTools Core Developer and author of MooTools Essentials (another book you should pick up) wrote a review of "MooTools 1.2 Beginner’s Guide" on his site, Clientcide:
David Walsh, a MooTools Core Developer, Co-Founder of Script & Style, web writer for sites such as NETTUTS and a highly-respected name in the Web Development industry, has a killer review of the book on his blog:
Erik Hazzard of Quixotic wrote a book review of "MooTools 1.2 Beginner’s Guide", giving the book a 5/5:
Check out the reviews of "MooTools 1.2 Beginner’s Guide" on Amazon.com:
If you have any questions about the book—or just want to talk about MooTool—you can pose your questions and thoughts in the comments below.
I’d love to discuss the book with you!
There are several places that you can purchase the book online—on Packt Publishing’s website, Amazon.com, and Barnes & Noble (where you can check your local Barnes & Noble if the book is in stock or order it for pickup), to name a few vendors.
- Buy MooTools 1.2 Beginner’s Guide on Pack Publishing’s website
- Buy MooTools 1.2 Beginner’s Guide on Amazon.com
- Buy MooTools 1.2 Beginner’s Guide on Barnes & Noble
You’ve truly helped hone my writing skills throughout the years by continuing to support and read the site. You’re every bit an author of this book as I am, and for that, I want to thank you.